Back End Engineer - Retail
Hey you! Every night we have to process more than 24 million items and we cannot do it without you.
We are trying to revolutionize the slow-paced Retail world step-by-step with cutting edge technologies.
As a developer here, you will tackle world-class challenges in high-throughput systems, scaling, orchestrating, and more.
You will play with asynchronous and multi-process patterns in an enthusiastic run to scale our business.
- Not scared of big data?
- Integrating complex systems and making them simpler is your bread and butter?
- Simplifying and automating lengthy processes is something you can do in your sleep?
- Getting your hands dirty with the latest piece of tech is your thing?
If "can-do" is what you say to that nasty mission-critical project with no time to develop it and you see bugs as opportunities, today is your lucky day: we are looking for a Back End Engineer to join our tech Retail component!
Who we are:
Everli is Europe’s leading marketplace for online grocery shopping and one of its fastest growing scale-ups. Our mission is to help people achieve peace of mind by simplifying the grocery shopping experience;
We are supported by world-class investors, raising $100 million in Series C in 2021 led by Verlinvest, with participation from Luxor, DN Capital, C4 Ventures, Convivavilité Ventures, FITEC, 360 Capital Partners, Innogest and DIP;
New customers quadrupled last year as we expanded into new international markets and covered 70 cities. We achieve our growth through a culture that is collaborative, transparent, data-driven and focused on our mission;
Our rapidly growing and diverse international team (20 nationalities and counting) has offices located in Italy (with headquarters in Milan & Verona), Czech Republic, France and Poland, as well as remote opportunities in many other countries.
What you will do:
- You will join a distributed team of developers, with an actual decision autonomy: you will be responsible for your work;
- You will find brilliant solutions for complex problems;
- You will write quality software: readable, well designed and thoroughly tested code;
- You will work together with people from other key areas, participating on analysis, discussion and implementation phase.
Why you should join us now:
- You have the chance to change the life of millions of people;
- You can rely on talented and collaborative colleagues who will both push and support you;
- You get a competitive compensation package;
- You receive a budget to create your own home workstation;
- You can choose your preferred work laptop (Mac/PC) and use a yearly training budget for online courses, books, conferences or workshops;
- You get a software license budget;
- You have flexible working conditions and you can work wherever you want (our team is fully remote since 2017);
- You have a 15% discount on your grocery with Everli.com.
Our salary range for this position will be:
- Employees: 30 to 40k as Gross Annual Salary (€)
- Freelancers: 20 to 30€ per working hour
Skills & Requirements:
- Love for coding: you are proud of your work;
- Large-scale data processing: you know how to deal with large amount of data (moving hundreds of GBs of data);
- Experience with multi-process patterns to scale up our synchronous and asynchronous tools;
- Knowledge of relational (MySQL) and non-relational (Elasticsearch) databases;
- Great communication and synthesis skills working closely with product managers, other teams and both internal and external stakeholders;
- Analytical, detail-focused mindset;
- Be able to legally work in Europe (you are the holder of an EU Passport or you are the holder of EU residency permit or you are the holder of a Schengen Work Visa).