Country Manager - Czech Republic
Everli is looking for a Country Manager for the Czech Republic who will play an important role in developing Everli’s expansion in the country.
This person will be inspiring and passionate about the mission ahead and will be excited by working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with big ideas and ambitions.
The Country Manager, reporting to the Chief International Business Officer, will be part of a talented international team and will share our mission to simplify the life of our customers when shopping for groceries.
The Country Manager will lead Everli’s growth and expansion in the Czech Republic to meet the company’s ambition, and he/she will drive the growth and scale up our business in the country, leading sales and operations development.
The Country Manager will be responsible for managing all business development activities, marketing and operations initiatives and will be accountable and owner for the country P&L and drive the strategic planning and business results.
Who we are:
- Everli is Europe’s leading marketplace for online grocery shopping and one of its fastest-growing scale-ups. Our mission is to help people achieve peace of mind by simplifying the grocery shopping experience;
- We are supported by world-class investors, raising $100 million in Series C in 2021 led by Verlinvest, with participation from Luxor, DN Capital, C4 Ventures, Convivavilité Ventures, FITEC, 360 Capital Partners, Innogest and DIP;
- New customers quadrupled last year as we expanded into new international markets and covered 70 cities. We achieve our growth through a culture that is collaborative, transparent, data-driven and focused on our mission;
- Our rapidly growing and diverse international team (20 nationalities and counting) has offices located in Italy (with headquarters in Milan & Verona), Czech Republic, France and Poland, as well as remote opportunities in many other countries.
- Owner of new business development to build and grow relations with local retailers and manage complex B2B negotiations;
- Manage and drive sales initiatives to achieve the growth and profitability objectives of the market by implementing operations processes, forecasting weekly and monthly deviations to plan and establishing and maintaining strong relationships with our partners;
- Lead a cross-functional team of people including Business Development, Operations, Customer Service, Marketing;
- Define and execute a growth strategy for the local market, leveraging on current strategic potential while refining continuously market strategy and meeting our goals;
- Own the P&L for the market and achieve financial and business targets;
- Be the company local presence: be the voice of Everli in the market and lead PR effort;
- Responsibility for the market operations processes and responsibility to improve a high service level for all Everli clients: consumer brands, retailers, customers and shoppers;
- Coordinate and develop all market departments and ensure operational and strategic goals achievement;
- Oversee daily operations of the business unit and coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports;
- Support the International Team in the development and analysis of annual plans and budget.
- Master's degree level or equivalent, MBA preferred.
- Proven strong sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets, and proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close in a Tech/Digital/Consumer company and/or in a top tier consulting firm.
- People management experience and a proven ability to lead diverse teams, hire and promote talent.
- The role is highly visible and the position requires strong organizational skills, solid leadership, strategic thinking, professionalism, and an ability to build and nurture trusted relationships with executive decision-makers.
- Impeccable communication skills for clear, concise, unambiguous internal and external communications.
- Experience in scaling a fast-growing business would be an advantage;
- Proven ability to deliver and exceed ambitious targets in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Hands-on attitude.