Full Stack Developer - Retail
Hey you! Every night we have to process more than 10 million items and we cannot do it without you.
We are trying to revolutionize the slow-paced Retail world step-by-step with cutting edge technologies.
As a developer here, you will tackle world-class challenges in high-throughput systems, scaling, orchestrating, and more.
You will play with asynchronous and multi-process patterns in an enthusiastic run to scale our business.
Not scared of big data?
Integrating complex systems and making them simpler is your bread and butter?
Simplifying and automating lengthy processes is something you can do in your sleep?
Getting your hands dirty with the latest piece of tech is your thing?
If "can-do" is what you say to that nasty mission-critical project with no time to develop it and you see bugs as opportunities,
today is your lucky day: we are looking for a Full-Stack developer to join our tech Retail component!
Who we are
- We are a one of the fastest growing european scale-up, backed by top international VC such as Fondo Italiano d’Investimento, 360 Capital, Innogest, DIP and Endeavor Catalyst.
- We want to change the world and help people achieving peace of mind, allowing them to get rid of the grocery shopping complexities.
- We work every day fast and together, thinking our long term ambitions with ownership and transparency, and we always dive deep using data and metrics.
- Our fast-growing international team is located in Italy (with headquarters in Milan & Verona) and Poland (in a beautiful coworking space in Warsaw) and has more than 14 different nationalities.
What you will do
You will join a small distributed team of developers, with an actual decision autonomy: you will be responsible for your work
- You will find brilliant solutions for complex problems
- You will write quality software: readable, well designed and thoroughly tested code
- Tou will work together with people from other key areas, participating on analysis, discussion and implementation phase
Why you should join us now
- You have the chance to change the life of millions of people;
- You get a competitive compensation package, including performance bonuses;
- You have flexible working conditions and smart working;
- You have a 15% discount on your grocery with Everli.com;
- You get tickets for lunch, as well as eat fresh fruits and drink coffee for free at the office;
- You can rely on talented and collaborative colleagues who will both push and support you;
- You can have a casual dress code and enjoy the chance to play table tennis, Wii and table football in our shiny offices :)
Skills & Requirements:
- Love for coding: you are proud of your work
- Large-scale data processing: you know how to deal with large amount of data (moving hundreds of GBs of data)
- Experience with multi-process patterns to scale up our synchronous and asynchronous tools
- Knowledge of relational (MySQL) and non-relational (Elasticsearch) databases
- Great communication and synthesis skills working closely with product managers, other teams and both internal and external stakeholders
- Analytical, detail-focused mindset
- Be able to legally work in Europe (you are the holder of an EU Passport or you are the holder of EU residency permit or you are the holder of a Schengen Work Visa)