Full Stack Engineer Operations
The Tech Operations team works to solve the challenges that come from delivering orders to millions of customers across different countries.
How to find the best supply-demand balance that maximizes benefits for both customers and shoppers? How long will it take for a shopper to complete a certain order? What is the shortest possible route (does it ring a bell?) that allows the shopper to deliver the orders on time and with the expected quality?
We try to answer those questions by building machine learning models, backend APIs and native apps.
Who we are
- We are one of the fastest growing european scale-up, backed by top international VC such as Fondo Italiano d’Investimento, 360 Capital, Innogest, DIP and Endeavor Catalyst.
- We want to change the world and help people achieving peace of mind, allowing them to get rid of the grocery shopping complexities.
- We work every day fast and together, thinking our long term ambitions with ownership and transparency, and we always dive deep using data and metrics.
- Our fast-growing international team is located in Italy (with headquarters in Milan & Verona) and Poland (in a beautiful coworking space in Warsaw) and has more than 14 different nationalities.
What you will do
- You will join a small, distributed team of developers with decision-making autonomy: you will be responsible for your work;
- You will collaborate with a lot of smart people to find brilliant solutions to complex problems;
- You will ship high-quality software: well-designed, well-tested and scalable;
- You will work closely with other key areas, owning the process from the problem analysis to the solution delivery.
Why you should join us now
- You have the chance to change the life of millions of people;
- You get a competitive compensation package;
- You have flexible working conditions and smart working;
- You have a 15% discount on your grocery with Everli.com;
- You get tickets for lunch, as well as eat fresh fruits and drink coffee for free at the office;
- You can rely on talented and collaborative colleagues who will both push and support you;
- You can have a casual dress code and enjoy the chance to play table tennis, Wii and table football in our shiny offices :)
Skills & Requirements:
- A strong sense of ownership;
- The ability to find the right balance between moving fast and thinking long term;
- Experience working with a large codebase in a production environment;
- Strong knowledge of web technologies, preferably the ones in our stack: PHP (Laravel), Python, MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ;
- Great communication and synthesis skills;
- Analytical, detail-focused mindset;
- The eligibility to legally work in Europe (you are the holder of an EU Passport or you are the holder of an EU residency permit or you are the holder of a Schengen Work Visa).